Hang-en cave

Hang-en cave
(credit: National Geographic)

Friday, June 28, 2013

A bit of comfort.

We've been working really hard over the past few months to organize all of the little details, and my goodness are there a lot. One of the big things I was worried about was transportation: there are a lot of us, and there are a lot of places we want to go. Between shadowing at the hospitals and going for meals and heading to Suzhou and Wuxi for the weekend, it's going to be a little nuts.

But it's okay, we found some pictures of our transportation online today. This one's for Mom.
This is how we'll get everyone's things from the airport to Shanghai proper.
And this is how we'll get everyone's person from the airport to Shanghai proper.


And this one's for people in trouble.
(images courtesy of http://album.online.sh.cn/content/2013-06/20/content_6142747.htm)

Also, contact info!
Before I leave, all standard methods of communication apply, including but not limited to phone, Skype, email, Facebook, banging on my window, and smoke signalling. I'd love to see you all before I head back to Milwaukee on July 9th!

Once I'm in China, it gets slightly more complicated. I'll have my phone with me, but please don't call or text--I need it for emergencies only. But if you have a smartphone and still want to be able to text, download WeChat: it's a great free app for texting and leaving voicemails, and it'll work in China. Otherwise, Skype or email would be awesome! Facebook won't work over there, but I'll be checking my email pretty regularly and I'll be on Skype when I can--the cities we'll be in are 13 hours ahead, so Skype dates will actually be fairly easy to set up, and, whoever you are, I'd love to see your face. You can also leave comments on here, of course :)

I think that that's all for now. Let me know if you want any of my contact info, and I'll get it to you. Love you all!
--a. 

No comments:

Post a Comment